If you’ve ever considered starting a podcast but need that last little push to put yourself in the headspace to start creating, you’ve come to the right place.
Lisa Robbins, CEO, and Founder of Flourish Coaching is a shining example of what it looks like to lay the groundwork and bring to life a successful podcast, even in the midst of a busy schedule.
Heyday’s Content Strategist, Cari Kaufman, chats with Lisa about the hesitancy she had to start a podcast, the timeline she had to commit to in order to start generating the content, and what it looked like to jump into a world full of podcasts but still find a way to stand out.
SOME GREAT HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS CONVERSATION:
- If you are thinking about starting a podcast, try getting on a podcast as a guest first in order to discover if you actually enjoy doing a podcast.
- Bank your content and media so that you have at least little chunks to work with when planning your podcast episodes
- When starting out, surround yourself with people who know/ if you cannot afford a producer, then GREATLY expand your runway to take off with the podcast because you will have to be laying all the groundwork.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO:
- Flourish College & Career Coaching – https://flourishcoachingco.com/
- Lisa’s Podcast – College & Career Clarity – https://flourishcoachingco.com/podcast/
- Michael Hyatt- https://michaelhyatt.com/
- Lisa’s company “Leap”- https://www.leaprogram.com/pages/about-us
- Lisa’s podcast producer, Mark @ Ironic Media- https://ironickmedia.com/
- Lisa’s Brandscript for Flourish made by Heyday- https://heydaywebmedia.com/
- Momentum Membership with Amy Porterfield- https://www.amyporterfield.com/momentumdetails/
- Trello to manage the project- https://trello.com
- Donald Miller and J.J. Peterson with Storybrand- https://storybrand.com/
- Lisa’s assistant Sarah through Belay- https://belaysolutions.com/services/assistants/